NLP The Impact of Positive Psychology on Business Performance
Neuro-Linguistic Programming describes the process of how we perceive the outside world or external influences and how we communicate this perception through the language we use. In life and work individuals can completely change the way they interact with the world and ultimately improve their performance in life getting better results, becoming more successful and subsequently living happier and healthier lives. In exactly the same way, in the workplace NLP can be used as a tool to completely change individuals and hugely increase productivity and improve individual and team performance.
This NLP online practitioner programme is here to help and support you to learn and obtain the skills, knowledge and confidence to make life-changing decisions, achieve your goals and ultimately get the life you want at home and at work.
NLP is viewed by many as the world's most successful life and business success strategy. It can be applied by individuals and businesses to improve performance, achieve well-formed outcomes, deliver excellent results, achieve unprecedented and unlimited success and ultimately drive one's life or business in the direction you want it to go.
NLP is described in a number of ways from being the large mainframe computer, to the operations centre, to the instruction manual of the mind. All of these analogies imply NLP is at the centre and in control of our conscious and unconscious deeper level thinking and operating. You will soon learn that this is in fact the case.
One of the ways we have often described NLP is that it is a tool used to enable you to retake control of your life and to steer your life in the direction you want to go. NLP will empower you with the tools and strategies, confidence and competence to do just that. It will teach you how to think rather than what to think. NLP is the studying and modelling of what works in thinking, language and behaviour.
It can be applied by individuals and businesses at home or at work. Wherever a desired outcome or set of objectives are looking to be achieved, NLP is the favourite strategy used to deliver the goods. After all it is often called "the study of the art and science of behavioural excellence."
NLP breaks down limiting patterns of behaviour that so often inadvertently influence our actions and reactions. It is this pattern of habitual undesirable behaviour that needs replacement using the techniques that are available with NLP.
NLP can help you in any area of your life, be that career, workplace, family, relationships, personal growth, health and fitness or even spirituality. NLP puts you back in charge of your life. It provides sensible ways of thinking about your experience and it provides change techniques that allow you to remove the blockages that prevent you from being, doing and having what you want in your life.
In summary NLP can:
For Individuals in work life
- Help you build high-quality relationships with everybody you come into contact with in everyday living. Having a close rapport with clients, customers, work colleagues, your peers, subordinates, even your boss, will prove mutually advantageous.
- Teach you how to exercise control over your emotions so that you can effectively manage your thoughts and feelings. Controlling the way we feel impacts and raises our confidence levels in whatever we attempt to do.
- Introduce greater flexibility which leads to increased choices and more influence over events in our life and creative ways to solve problems.
- Develop effective ways to communicate taking into account our sensitivity to ourselves and others and increasing our persuasive skills.
- Help you to set goals and well-formed outcomes for yourselves and your business and maximise your chance of achieving them.
- Understand and apply the presuppositions of NLP helping you live a more fulfilled work life, aligning your wants, needs, values and beliefs allowing you to function in "the flow' state of life.
For business in the workplace:
- Neuro-Linguistic Programming describes the process of how we perceive the outside world or external influences and how we communicate this perception through the language we use. In the workplace NLP can be used as a tool to completely change individuals and hugely increase productivity.
- By understanding the ways in which an individual or team interprets the world around them, you can change the way they think, speak and behave towards it. NLP aims to reverse negative attitudes and habits in the workplace to give individuals control over how they react and feel towards future events. So, how can you use NLP to increase the productivity of your team?
- Set outcome-focused business goals
- The simplest way of implementing a form of NLP in your work environment is to make sure everyone is working towards goals. By setting objectives you are giving your team a direction and something to work for. If employees feel they are expected to achieve these firm objectives they will naturally work harder to make sure they do. They will also automatically be taking more responsibility over their role and the work they do.
- This increases productivity on an individual level. Incentives for successfully achieving objectives can also be specified in order to motivate staff to succeed and thrive in the work environment.
- Inspire and motivate staff
- NLP is a great way to make employees more engaged and content in the workplace and NLP training is a valuable investment. Committed and engaged employees will perform better than other employees in the business – what are you doing to maintain commitment and engagement in your business? Learning NLP techniques through tailored training courses and coaching will enable team members to reach high levels of performance by overcoming barriers in the workplace.
- Staff morale is an ongoing factor that a team leader or manager considers. Treating employees with respect, listening to their ideas and making them feel included on a daily basis will keep their self-esteem and confidence high.Understanding body language
- Internal communications and client relationships are vital for a productive and efficient working environment. Making people aware of how they come across when interacting with others is a key aspect of using NLP to improve communication. NLP will help to identify adverse behaviours such as body language. Body language such as avoiding eye contact or slouching shoulders is generally a sub-conscious behaviour.
- Once the negative behaviour has been recognised, the individual can work to change and improve. As the individual becomes more self-aware, they also become more aware of other people. Effective communication requires an understanding to others’ thought processes as well as an awareness of yourself. See yourself in the way that you would like others to see you.
- The importance of learning and development
- NLP is all about bringing together an individual’s innermost skills and highlighting their hidden, concealed ability. NLP unlocks the potential for a wealth of knowledge. Employees will be eager to learn and advance in their own professional development. This enables employees to take control of their own career and requires them to be proactive about doing so. A proactive, engaged and progressing team will be highly motivated and productive.
- NLP helps the individual to improve in their job role by taking a highly performing team member and using their behaviour and work ethic as a model for others to adopt. You could have a team that is as strong as your strongest employee. This would have a huge impact on productivity as well as give your business a competitive edge.
- Inject positivity into your workforce
- The main objective of NLP is to reverse negative behaviours and habits. How an individual interprets their workplace has little to do with the actual working environment and more to do with the individual. Employees have completely different experiences at work, even though the work environment is the same for everyone. NLP makes employees aware that the problems they face at work are usually internal, not external. Making employees self-aware of their attitudes and behaviours is the first step towards a positive change.
For Team Leaders
- Creating states of high performance in people you are coaching; this could be an employee such as team leader or paying client if you work as a consultant in business.
- Different perspectives on Coaching and Mentoring, and the characteristic of relationships (Judgemental/non-judgemental, commitment, integrity, confidentiality etc.)
- Engaging the client/employee to develop their thinking so that they are able to access the available resources into consciousness for increased levels of performance
- Learn and participate in the art of tasking to appreciate the experience and install new behaviours or resources in areas that they may once have found challenging
- Working with the client’s model of the world and build in choices for future growth
- Setting goals which challenge, working with their values and belief systems to get performance alignment for both the individual and the business you are working within
- Developing your leadership style, identifying your own qualities and turning up the volume to ensure for great leadership strategies
- Leadership can often include speeches and presentations – anchoring positive states and adapting your language to draw in the whole audience
- Nature and role of vision in leadership and its role in organisational development
- Models of leadership, and characteristics of effective leaders
- People lie at the heart of all businesses, and with the techniques we specialise in we will teach you how to really tune into, align and motivate the people that you are dependent on to deliver excellent results.
(THE USE OF THE WORD ‘CLIENT’ ABOVE HAS BEEN USED TO DESCRIBE THE PERSON YOU WILL BE COACHING FOR THE PURPOSE OF DESCRIPTION)
For Team Members
- The secret of selling is learning to present your product to match your customers’ natural thinking preferences. Learning how to apply powerful communication patterns of NLP can make it very easy for your customers to say YES
- Understand your clients’ mental strategies, personal beliefs and motivations
- Understand what motivation drives objections and deal with it at a deeper level
- The art of customer agreement and closing the sale
- Marketing with NLP, using concrete levels of communication and understanding the art of subliminal language in marketing campaigns across the world
- Negotiation skills, overcoming objections, reading others non-verbal responses and behaviours to adapt your response for the best outcome
And all this adds up to
· Increased efficiencies and productivity
· Improved business performance
· More time to focus on results and not problems
· More content and motivated employees
· Staff development
· Reduced staff turnover
· More satisfied customers
· A healthier bottom line!!