LIFE PRACTICE ACADEMY WEBSITE PRIVACY STATEMENT
LIFE PRACTICE ACADEMY which is an Online Education Portal run by the Life Practice Ltd (we/us/our) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and takes its responsibility regarding the security of customer information very seriously.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we treat it.
By visiting lifepracticeacademy.teachable.com or the sub domain courses.thecamcoach.com or by purchasing any products from us you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (Act), the data controller is the Life Practice UK Ltd of Suite 1, 107 Bancroft, Hitchin, Herts SG5 1NB
Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is Karen Shields, Operations Director.
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
All data collected upon registration in LIFE PRACTICE ACADEMY will be processed in line with this Privacy Statement.
In your personal LIFE PRACTICE ACADEMY student area we store all your course information, so that you can access it whenever you wish.
We understand the importance of taking extra precautions to protect the privacy and safety of children. Accordingly, children under 16 will not be permitted to open a LIFE PRACTICE ACADEMY account. We will take reasonable steps to delete any LIFE PRACTICE ACADEMY account or information created by a child under 16, as soon as we learn about it.
All payment details are transmitted over a secure connection (Secure Socket Layer-SSL) across dedicated network infrastructure (Multiprotocol Label Switching-MPLS) and stored in compliance with Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS).
We use Stripe and Paypal gateways for payments and it’s your responsibility to know these organisations separate Privacy Policies.
You will have the option to stay signed-in into your LIFE PRACTICE ACADEMY account by checking the “remember me” box. This option will only apply to the computer / device and the browser that you're using when you select the box. If you do not wish to stay signed on a particular browser, simply sign out of your LIFE PRACTICE ACADEMY account on that browser.
You may delete your LIFE PRACTICE ACADEMY account by contacting LIFE PRACTICE ACADEMY support here
1.1. We will collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our website (our website) or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you subscribe to our free services, download a brochure, place an order on our website, participate in courses and when you report a problem with our website. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information.
- Information we collect about you when you participate in our courses. This is information you give us when communicating with our Trainers and Course Administrators.
- Information we collect about you when you visit our website. With regard to each of your visits to our website we will automatically collect the following information: technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our website (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
- Information we receive from other sources. This is information we receive about you from third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies). We will notify you when we receive information about you from them and the purposes for which we intend to use that information.
2. OTHER TYPES OF INFORMATION COLLECTED
Cookies are small text files that are transferred to your computer's hard drive through your web browser to enable us to recognise your browser and help us to track visitors to our site; thus enabling us to understand better the products and services that will be most suitable to you. A cookie contains your contact information and information to allow us to identify your computer when you travel around our site for the purpose of helping you accomplish your registration. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but, if you wish, you can set your browser to prevent it from accepting cookies. The "help" portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. The cookies we use do not detect any information stored on your computers.
For more information about cookies and how to stop cookies being installed visit the following website: http://www.allaboutcookies.org
2.2. Uses made of the information. We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us. We will use this information to:
- carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, course material, products and services that you request from us;
- provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- notify you about changes to our service;
- ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
2.3. Information we collect about you. We will use this information to:
- administer our website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- improve our website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts, keep our website safe and secure;
- measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our website about goods or services that may interest you or them.
2.4. Information we receive from other sources. We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
3. SHARING INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
We follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of student information.
3.1. We may disclose your information to trusted contracted companies who act as "data processors" on our behalf for the purposes set out in this Privacy Statement. LIFE PRACTICE ACADEMY has transfer agreements in place with all entities to which it transfers data for processing on its behalf. The agreements provide for specific and limited processing of user data in service of LIFE PRACTICE ACADEMY’s operations and have been prepared so as to meet the requirements of Irish and EU law.
3.2.We may also pass your information on to government authorities or enforcement bodies for compliance with legal requirements.
LIFE PRACTICE ACADEMY offers their services and products in multiple jurisdictions, some of which are not located in the European Economic Area (EEA). While countries outside the EEA do not always have strong data protection laws, we will ensure that LIFE PRACTICE ACADEMY and our services providers process your information in a secure manner and in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
3.2. You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
selected third parties including:
business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you; analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our website; credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
3.3. We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
In the event that we wish to sell any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective buyer of such business or assets.
If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
4. WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
4.2. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
4.3. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
4.4 We take great care to ensure the security of our website. The data you provide to us is protected using SSL (Secure Socket Layer) technology. SSL is the industry standard method of encrypting personal information and credit card details so that they can be securely transferred over the Internet.
5. YOUR RIGHTS
5.1. You may ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com
5.2. THIRD PARTY LINKS
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
5.3 SITE TRACKING
We use tracking software to monitor customer traffic patterns and site usage to help us develop the design and layout of the websites. This software does not enable us to capture any personal passenger information.
5.4 DIRECT MARKETING MATERIAL
From time to time we or our selected partners may contact you with information regarding course promotions and ancillary products via email. However, you will be given the opportunity on every e-communication that we or our trusted partners send you to indicate that you no longer wish to receive our or their direct marketing material.
6. ACCESS TO INFORMATION
6.1. The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request will be free of charge.
You may ask in writing for a copy of the information we hold about. You also have the right to request correction of any inaccuracies in your personal data or, where appropriate, the erasure of such data.
For this purpose, you must provide the following documents:
- A signed request;
- A copy of your passport or national ID, so that we can verify your identity;
- A signed authority from any third party whose data you request on their behalf.
OUR REGISTERED ADDRESS IS:
LIFE PRACTICE UK LTD
8.2. Our full details are Life Practice Ltd, a company incorporated and registered in England and Wales with company number 06193320 whose registered office is at Suite 1, 107 Bancroft, Hitchin, Herts SG5 1NB
Life Practice Ltd
Updated, 14th May 2018