Course Core Competencies
Competency Based Assessments
All of our courses follow the Principles of Good Practice that are underpinned by the National Occupational Standards (NOS) and describe the ways in which practitioners should demonstrate good practice across all of their work.
All of the competencies listed below outline the competencies covered in our courses and subsequent assessment processes
Our Key Principles of best practice and standards of competency.
- Attain the required level of competence with ref to the core knowledge with regards to your chosen modality
- To demonstrate the appropriate modality to use in a ranging set of client circumstances
- To demonstrate a range of intervention techniques with various clients.
- The historical development of your coaching modality and the profession.
- The understanding your coaching modality is a process driven modality.
- The concepts underpinning CAM and integrative and orthodox medicine.
- How to use questionnaires and diaries to optimise gathering of information.
- Understand industry regulation and the impact it may have on your coaching modality.
- To understand the relevance of different professional bodies and how they fit into the overall picture of risk, regulation and governance.
- Building rapport with your clients and gain trust and client commitment to working together.
- The breaking down of a client session into its main core parts. Introduction, explanation, investigation, collaboration, direction, agreement, close, next action
- Clinical application of coaching modalities
- Core knowledge of your coaching modalities
- Market place knowledge of how your coaching modalities fit into todays market place
- The importance of integrity, professionalism and confidentiality.
- The importance of ongoing supervision
- Understand CPD and acceptable standards.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the philosophy and principles underpinning your coaching discipline.
- Demonstrate an understanding of current legislation and policy as it applies to your coaching discipline.
- Demonstrate a respect for your client’s dignity, privacy, autonomy, cultural differences and rights.
- Regard for the safety of your client and yourself.
- Understand the importance of continual professional development, learn from others, and develop your own knowledge, understanding and skills through reflective practice and research findings.
- Demonstrate an understanding of your own emotional state and the emotional state and responses of your clients incorporating such awareness into your own practice.
- Ensure you communicate clearly, concisely and in a professional manner.
Ensuring client confidentiality at all times.
- That you work with confidence, integrity and sensitivity.
- Ensure you comply with an ongoing development plan that includes systematic observation and critical evaluation of your professional knowledge and skills.
- Ensure you work within the scope of your practice, experience and capability at all times.
Our Core Competencies
- Core knowledge
- Clinical application
- Continuing Professional Development
- Compliance, Governance and Risk
- CAM Marketplace
- National Occupational Standards
- Client Satisfaction
- Ongoing Supervision
If you were studying in any of our coaching modalities the above core competencies apply consistently across our range of courses